Whether it’s a friend’s dramatic weight loss, or a beauty bloggers makeup process, it seems like before and after pictures are popping up all over social media outlets today. Looking at other’s before and after pictures can make the average woman feel a bit conscious about herself. Maybe that naughty voice inside your head asks “why don’t I look that good? I spend the same amount of time at the gym” or maybe something like “I wish my makeup looked that good for once.” If your jealous side comes out when admiring others you’re not alone. But instead of nagging and dwelling on how good someone else looks, we are encouraging you to take matters into your own hands (okay…your makeup bag in this case). Read on to find out a few quick and easy tips for transforming your look from drabby into fabby within moments!
Contouring has gained a bad rap within the recent years due to teens and young adults being a bit too generous with their bronzer and highlighter. The makeup technique that is ideal for bringing out one’s natural glow has turned into a game of how dark can I make my cheekbones look without looking too drag; we like to think of it as this naïve young ladies giving themselves pictures to look back on and laugh at. With that said, when applied correctly, you can transform your skin from dull to glow in minutes. Here’s how to do so without over doing it: start by applying bronzer on your corners of your forehead along your hairline. From there draw a C shape to your cheekbone, and then another C-shape from your cheekbone to your jaw line. Once you get used to it, you’ll develop more of a 3 shape formation, rather than two C’s. If you’re unsure of what color bronzer to use, ask the attendant at the makeup counter (she also may be able to point you towards the best brush for the job). Finally, remember to start light, build the color as you go, but only if its needed.
Every woman has beautiful eyes – yes even you! Some take the time to accentuate their lookers by applying falsies, but we have a much easier way to share with you. In just moments you transform your eyes from boring to bright with just dusting of eyeshadow or even a few swipes of eyeliner. The disclaimer on this one: just choose one of the eye emphasizing products, not both. Whichever product you choose, use the following color based on the color of your eyes:
- If you have brown eyes, reach for blue tones along the spectrum of teal to violet.
- If you have blue eyes, select earth tones ranging from rust to gold.
- If you have green eyes, choose from a palette of plum or copper.
- If you have hazel eyes, you can follow the suggestion for EITHER brown or green eyes, however, champagne colors would look spectacular.
Lip products are no longer limited to lipsticks, lip balms, and chap sticks. Today pucker related products include lip stains, lip chubbies, and lip tattoos just to name a few. With a plethora of colors on the market you should absolutely take a few seconds to turn your pout from lacking to luscious. If you’re familiar with the strategic lip coloring process, then you should go ahead with a lip stick or lip stain. However, if your skills are lacking in the area, stick to a high pigmented lip balm or even a lip chubby. Draw attention to your kisser by following the suggestions below based on skin tone:
- Fair skin tones look best with muted shades such as light pink, light peach, beige, and golden brown.
- Medium skin tones look paramount with intermediate colors such as medium pink, orange-peach, apricot, and red
- Olive skin tones look stunning with statement colors including dark rose, dark red, raspberry, and dark apricot.
- Dark skin tones look supreme with deep shades including rusty-red, dark fuchsia, cranberry, or honey.