The beauty world’s fear of having too-short hair is long gone. With bobs and baby bangs hotter than ever more and more women are wondering if they can pull off a short ‘do. If you too are contemplating a chop, but wondering what your style options will look like, look no further. Below is a handful of ways to style both bobs and baby bangs.
The Many Ways to Wear Bobs
- The Classic Bob: The blunt cut that your teenage-self said you would never wear, well now you can rock it. To imagine the size, think of model Karlie Kloss’s fresh cut bob.
- The Baby Bob: For the women who want to go short, but not that short, the baby bob is a perfect choice. The ends of your hair should be grazing your chin so that it is too long to be considered a bob but too short to be considered a lob. Think of singer Julianne Hough’s short cut.
- The Lob: The perfect cut when you want to assert your maturity, but still want that extra feminine oomph. The ends of the hair usually fall somewhere between just-above-the-shoulder and just below the collarbone. T.v. personality Khloe Kardashian, singer Nicki Minaj, and actress Ashley Benson have all been seen rocking this length.
- Messy Curls: The tousled look is a great option for any bob. All you have to do is curl your hair as you normally would, apply a spritz of hairspray, then use your fingers to loosen everything up. If you get some frizzies while doing so, simply rub some anti-frizz serum between your palms and smooth it back down.
- Tight Curls: Whether you emphasize your natural curls or use a small-barreled curling iron, this classic look work day and night.
- Twisted Bun: It’s exactly what it sounds like! Simply twist your hair back into a bun, using as many bobby pins as you need to hold it in place. This is great for date night, taking all the hair away from your face so that your fabulous bone structure is the main focus.
- Bombshell Bump: Yes, the bump is back on the rise, and it’s the perfect way to style your bob. Simply pull back the hair between your temples, give it a quick tease and use pins to hold it back.
The Many Ways to Wear Baby Bangs:
- If you have the itch to totally change up your look, a super cute option is a pixie cut with wispy baby bangs. Not only is this look super easy to style in the morning but you’re bound to be bombarded with compliments.
- If Beyonce has been the inspiration of baby bangs, then you should wear them just as effortlessly as she does. Go for that I-woke-up-like-this look by simply using your fingers to scruff up your bangs once they’re totally dry.
- If you’re a bit punky like Miss Kelly Osbourne, use a curling iron to give them a tuck.