If you didn’t have the chance to get familiar with Melissa Benoist’s name or face when she starred in “Glee”, you will most defiantly become familiar with this super sexy 24-year-old in the near future. Benoist was cast as the lead of “Supergirl,” CBS’s new show, which is best classified as a mix of drama, fantasy, action and sci-fi. Benoist plays Superman’s cousin, Kara Zor-El, who made her way to earth about twenty years after Clark Kent and Lois Lane became official.
Unless you’ve been hiding from pop culture under a rock for the last few years, you surely know that male leads heavily dominate television. We love that Benoist steps into the superhero scene as Supergirl; by doing so she is sending a powerfully positive message, that girls are indeed powerful and most defiantly superheroes too.
Naturally she is often donning her Supergirl suit while filming, but like most television stars, she caught by paparazzi offset looking super amazing. If you want to steal Benoist’s everyday style, feast your eyes on the looks bellow.
Offset Benoist has a simple, easygoing style. If you know that you’re a jeans girl, you would find yourself very fond of her closet! Steal Benoist’s boho look with a pair of highrises, distressed flair jeans, paired with a loose fitting white blouse. After tucking the front of the blouse in, add a thin belt and a floral infinity scarf. If you really want to rock her look, style your hair in loose flowing waves.
Ready to rock your favorite cut-off shorts instead? That’s no problem at all, as Benoist is often seen sporting high rise cut-off jean shorts paired with a trendy crop top tank top. However, she understands that it is important to “leave something to the imagination,” as she does not go for ultra low cut tops and she is always layering with a fitted cardigan, blazer or even hoodie.
Helga Esteb / Shutterstock.com
Are you going to a summer soiree and in need of some classy inspiration? You should check out a few of Benoist’s red carpet looks. In doing so, you will find that she is one who likes to stick to a basic color pallet, typically sporting form-fitting white, black or nude dresses. Benoist always keeps her red carpet looks classy with knee-length dresses, which are never too tight.
In addition to her trendy outfits, it seems that Benoist’s makeup is always on point. If you’re interested in copying her less-is-more, fresh-faced look, follow these steps:
- Beginning with a clean face, apply a layer of high-quality, non-comedogenic sunscreen.
- Once the sunscreen has dried, use a damp makeup sponge to apply a light to medium coverage liquid foundation. If you find that you have imperfections that you would like to cover up, you can continue to build up the foundation or apply a concealer.
- Benoist does not over do it with the bronzer, blush or highlighter. Instead, it appears that she applies a small amount of natural looking blush to the apples of her cheeks. However, if you feel that your facial structure would best benefit from bronzer, so ahead and apply that – just not both.
- Lightly dust your face with translucent powder to set your simple look.
- Finally, grab your favorite tinted chap stick, apply it to your lips, and toss it in your bag so you can reapply it throughout the day.